Sunday, November 6, 2011

Retaining an Injury Lawyer?

Hello. I have been in a car accident on sept.9/2009. The other driver was at fault 100% and the car was a write off worth of $9000. After a month went by i started feeling pain in my upper back, left shoulder, neck and pain in the head. I have contacted my insurance and told them about it and they approved it for me to go get treatment and they're paying for everything. Now it has been 11 weeks since the accident and i am thinking of retaining a personal injury lawyer to sue the other driver that hit me. I have done all the tests they asked me to do such as MRI(head) and the XRAY for the back/shoulder and neck. They have found injuries in myback the shoulder and neck but nothing in the head. Anyway long story short, I have talked to a few lawyers and they told me i should wait to find out if the injuries are permannt or temporary. What i mean when they say "wait" is theyre saying wait till about 6-8 months then we can open a lawsuit. How do we find out if the injuries are permanent and when should i try to retain a lawyer even though my insurance company has approved for the treatment and they are cooperating with everything the chiroprater is asking them for treatment. My opinion is I wanna get alawyer to protect me and represent me better to the insurance incase my injuries are permanent that way the procedure of suing theother driver is better safer and stronger.I am confused and lost in this situation and dont want to just settle for anyting the insurance offers me. (Sorry my wording or explaining, dont speak english very well :). ) Please if there anyone out there wih any sort of advice and information your thoughts and advices willl be very much appreciated. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment