Sunday, November 13, 2011

Do you think it is ok for people in entertainment to thrust their political views in our faces?

You know, back in the 1970's I read an interview with Linda Ronstadt where she said she did not feel it was right for an artist to push their political views on an audience while they were 'captivated by your music'. Apparently, she no longer believes that or is inconsistent with what she says now. Personally, I agree with that earlier statement of hers. I don't want to hear some body's overblown ego telling me what and how I should think. I've paid money to be entertained ONLY and unless the performer STATES AHEAD OF TIME that they're going to push politics/beliefs on you, I feel that I have been duped and cheated. As for Sinead O'Connor? She's just another in a long line of 'artists' who would never be noticed had they/she not done something offensive. She'd have faded from sight anyway. Personally, I loved the SNL skit with Phil Hartman as Frank Sinatra calling Sinead "ShineHead." LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment