Monday, November 7, 2011

800m for Freshman?

This year I completed my 8th grade year and went undefeated in all of my 800m open events. I won the county championships and set a record time for my school of 2:16.39 . This year I will be a freshman in high school and hope to drop that time as much under 2:09 as possible. I didn't really train the whole summer and I know it is bad in a way. Track starts up in March and i believe but cross country starts in september. I really do not like running that long of distances so i do not know if i will run XC. should i start training for track now to get myself to drop my 800m time as much as possible? what kind of training would you reccommend that you or someone you know has tried and has worked very well for them? thanks in advance for all your help and I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment